Saturday, November 21, 2009

Visit from Friends

I want to introduce Millie

Millie and I have been friends for over 5 years. We met when she was stationed at NASKeflavik, Iceland (that is where I lived from 2001-2006 and of course I am from Iceland). Millie and I didn't get along at first and then when we realized how much we are alike we hit it off. We have not seen each other since 2005 and this past Monday she surprised me with a phone call telling me she was coming to town. Millie told me that she was going to be bringing her daughter Tanya and granddaughter Remy along with her.
I met Tanya twice when she came to visit her Mom in Iceland and we hit it off pretty good. It was hard to get to know her as well as Millie because obviously Tanya was just there for a visit. The last time I saw Tanya was when she came to Iceland for Millie's Navy retirement. That retirement was so beautiful by the way :o)

Millie, Tanya, Remy and I went to Captain George's for dinner last night, we sat there for about 3 hours just catching up. It was so much fun and it was unbelievable how fast the time went. It's funny how many memories come back when we are among good friends. It was so wonderful getting to catch up with these ladies and I hope to do it again soon.





Markus and Tyrique were really excited to get to hold Remy. She is such a sweet little baby and was just loving all the attention she was getting from us. Kobe did not get to hold the baby, not that he wanted to :o) He just wanted to act like a baby while she was here. Kobe also wanted to hand us everything that the baby wanted such as her blanket and pacifier.





Now as a little surprise for Remy I knitted her a baby hat and booties like the ones I am going to sell on my etsy site and she modeled them for me.







These are two different hats and they are way too big on her tiny little head. They are also not supposed to flip up in the front but I didn't realize both the pictures were like that.




The booties are just so adorable on her. The pink and brown ones are the ones I gave her in the set and then the blue and brown ones go to a blue and brown hat and mitten set. As soon as I can get my site up and running I will have all of this up on etsy.













Now that everyone is gone and it is just us again, I am going to spend some quality time with my hubby and boys. Have a great Saturday!!!

5 comments:

Stacey said...

I love the little hat and booties! I need to learn how to knit.

Maura said...

I looks like you girls had a blast! And those booties are way too cute!!!

Brianne said...

The hat booties are so cute! I can not believe you made those! In reading all these blogs I am finding that I have very little talent......... :(

sugoandsunshine said...

Nice job on the hat and booties! Who taught you how to knit?

Helga said...

Thank you ladies :o) Tammy my Mamma taught me how to knit. She can do it all...knit, crochet, sew, quilt, paint...you get the picture.