Friday, November 27, 2009

Five Question Friday 11/27

My Little Life


Happy Black Friday to you all!!! Did you go shopping??? I didn't go this year. My life is too crazy right now with not knowing where I am going to be living in the next two months to be shopping my butt off. I have always loved Black Friday shopping before...not the crowds, I hate crowds. Just the sales!!! I love a good deal :o) But this year I am not going all our for Christmas like I have in the past. I can't afford it and I don't want to regret it in January. I want to be able to move from here and not have Christmas hanging over my head.

Anyway it is time for Five Question Friday which is a blog carnival created by Mama M over a My Little Life!!! If you want to play along just click on the button above or click on Mama M's name. Have fun, I know I always do :o)


1. Do you do a real or fake Christmas tree?
Fake all the way!!! When Markus (my 9 year old) was a baby we went to a Christmas tree farm and cut down our own Christmas tree and brought it home. I was so excited because I had never had one before. I decorated it beautifully (it was the first year that I had real decoration) and was so proud. Over the next few days I kept finding spider webs in my Christmas tree and couldn't figure out what was going on. Then on Christmas morning we wake up and lets just say that it looked like Spiderman had come to visit and his spider self exploded on our tree. The tree was covered in spider webs and even my pretty angel on top was just a shadow because the spider webs were so bad. Turns out my Christmas tree had some spider invasion in it that we brought with us home when we bought the tree. I was so upset and grossed out that I will never have a live tree ever again. I love my store bought tree and I never have to worry about stepping on pine needles in my living room either :o)

2. What is your favorite Christmas tradition with your family?
Our family is all about tradition. I am from Iceland and we celebrate Christmas a lot differently than Americans do and through out the month of December I am going to tell you all about it on my blog. I think my favorite tradition is eating on Christmas eve at 6 pm sharp! We get all dressed up in our nicest clothes and have a great big family dinner and it always starts at 6 pm. I am going to get into detail later in December about this.

3. Do you celebrate Thanksgiving in your neck of the woods? And, if so...how many calories do you think you consumed yesterday?
I did celebrate Thanksgiving at home and calories.....oh goodness why are you asking me that??? I didn't want to think about that!!! I probably ate 3000-5000 calories yesterday. I had turkey, ham, sweet potato casserole, stuffing, corn, mashed potatoes with gravy, cranberry dressing and tea to drink. Then I had pumpkin pie and coconut cream pie for dessert. Ok I am going to be perfectly honest with you....I had two slices of pumpkin pie and just a few bites of the coconut pie. I know I am a pig but you have no idea how good the pumpkin pie that my Aunt Sharla made was. It was to die for. It was better than sex!!!

4. Have you started decorating for Christmas, yet?
No, not yet. I plan to start this weekend. My Aunt Sharla is here visiting and I want to enjoy her company and not worry about cleaning and decorating.

5. What is your favorite Christmas cookie?
Kiffels!!! They are so yummy!!! My Aunt Sharla makes the best Kiffels ever....as a matter of fact she is in the kitchen right now making Christmas cookies. She has the Kiffel dough cooling in the refrigerator as we speak. We are going to be making a bunch of Christmas cookies while she is here :o) It is so fun to have her here with us, she is the best!!! Thanks for coming Sharla!!!

If you want to join just add your link to MckLinky below.


MckLinky Blog Hop

3 comments:

Keely said...

Dude..Fake trees are the best! I would be forever scarred from your real Christmas tree experience..

I can't wait to here more about you Christmas traditions..

Edda Soffía said...

Ég vildi að ég væri þarna hjá ykkur að baka smákökur. Kisstu Sharla frá okkur og njóttu þessa að hafa hana hjá ykkur. Love mamma

Mama M. said...

Kiffels? What are those?!! And...ah...well, I've just gotta say, I'm utterly afraid to get our real tree this year!

Yikes. ;)