Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Hot and Healthy Thru the Holidays! First week

Hot and Healthy Thru the Holidays. Starting today, Tuesday November 3rd and running through New Years Day, we will be supporting, encouraging, cheering on, and holding accountable everyone who signs up...everyone who's "in"! This is something that Mama M and her friend Keely are doing through the holidays and I'm in!!! If you want to be "in" too just click on their links and join in the fun. It's worth it, we will learn how to live healthier, more meaningful lives :o) I also wouldn't mind loosing some of this extra padding I have on my 6 pack (hahahahaha did you fall off the chair laughing when you read that...I laughed just writing it. I don't know what a 6 pack is!).

The first week's goal (starting today...) is: at least a half hour of cardio 5 days out of the week. If you do more..even better! You can walk, run, jump rope, exercise video's, gym, ride a bike etc...running after the kiddos, however, does not count.

Sounds easy enough right??? Hahaha it's not going to be easy!!! It will be worth it though, that much I know!

I have to write in my post why I am taking the challenge so here goes...

I have worked out and dieted/watched what I ate/counted calories/tried all kinds of tricks with my food for the last two years. I have not gotten anywhere and I am tired of it. I have hypothyroidism and I don't know if that is what stops me from loosing weight but I can never seem to loose weight, I can only maintain the weight. Well I can maintain the weight without working out and watching what I am eating so what is the point right??? Well the point is I want to live a healthy life and I want to be able to be active and keep up with all these boys I have!! I don't want to be out of breath when I walk up the stairs with my laundry or even with Kobe on my hip.

I would love to be able to loose weight as well. Of course that is what we all want right? This time I am not going to set impossible goals for myself, I am just going to try to keep this realistic! I just want to be able to work out 5 days a week, eat healthier and drink more water. I am going to join Weight Watchers in the next few weeks. I talked to my doctor about loosing weight and he said that of all the programs he knows of Weight Watchers is proving to be the one that shows the best long time results because they are teaching people to eat right for the rest of their lives and not just diet!

Yesterday I started a program that the military offers families here in our area. Basically I can work out for an hour a day, four days a week at the community center here where I live at and they provide child care for Kobe. Also those four days a week there is something exciting happening for two extra hours before or after the work out that they provide child care for. For instance this week they have scrapbooking Monday, Tuesday and Friday for two hours and I get to sit and chit chat with other Moms while Kobe plays with a bunch of kids and has a blast. Can't beat that huh? So Kobe and I will be going there Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and on Wednesdays I will just work out here at home on the Wii EA Active.

That's where I am at now, I will post on Tuesdays about my progress and link it to Mama M's blog. I hope you decide to join in the fun new life style that we are trying to live.

6 comments:

Keely said...

Hey Helga..just wanted to say hi and tell you thanks for riding this crazy fun train with us!! Looking forward to getting to know you better..:-)

Its So Very Cheri said...

go girl--I need to start back up.

Cheri

I followed you and hope you'll do the same. I love getting to know new gals

Mama M. said...

So glad to see you have such a great plan! Good for you! We are definitely here to support you, friend! Oh, and yeah...I did get a chuckle out of the "padding on the 6 pack"...that was cute!

Hazel Nut said...

Oh boy, I was so going to join in with this...has it started already?!?

I am going to have to get my act together to join "in" too.

Good luck :)

Jamie H said...

Glad to join this challenge with you!

Pennie said...

Yeah, let's do this!