Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Preparing for the Holidays

As some families are traveling to far away places to be with loved ones for Thanksgiving, we are enjoying each others company in our warm, yummy smelling, full of boys, a dog, Mamma, Daddy and Aunt Sharla home. My Aunt Sharla came from Pennsylvania to be with us for Thanksgiving, she arrived a little after 4 pm today and we have been having a wonderful time since then. We put away all the food and goodies she brought with her, then the boys, Sharla and I played a fun card game. We ate a quick dinner and now we are going to play some more card games. First I need to put sleepy head Kobe to bed, he is so tired that he is just crying and screaming.

On Monday night as other people were stressing about the drive, flight, train ride or horse back riding trip to see loved ones, my wonderful Husband was out playing basketball with his work buddies. He called me to tell me that he had rolled his ankle pretty bad and was in a lot of pain. He came home and laid on the bed and talked to me for a few minutes while he took off his shoe and showed me what the ankle looked like.


This is his good ankle (I know he has little skinny chicken legs).

This is what his bad ankle looked like.

It only got worse from here.

Poor thing got into the shower and started calling for me because he could not get out of the shower again by himself. I came over to help him and he was shaking so hard that he looked like he had taken an ice shower. I asked him if he had taken a cold shower and he said that he was in so much pain that he could not stop shaking! He was also in so much pain that he felt sick to his stomach and light headed. I helped him into the bed and gave him some Motrin 800 and rocked him to sleep (ok so I just sat in the bed next to him). Poor Dewayne was shaking and sweating in his sleep from the pain the whole night. He went to the doctors the next morning and was told that his ankle is just badly sprained, the doctor wrapped his ankle and gave him some stronger meds and sent him on his way. He is doing much better today, thank goodness because I need him to be healthy as a horse for the holidays :o)

Now, I want to share with you this recipe that I made for dinner the other night. This is nothing fancy, I just threw it together. I didn't know what to make for dinner and I don't even know how this came to be but here it is.

I started by making some rice.

Then I cooked well seasoned chicken on a pan in chicken broth.

I shredded the chicken into a big bowl.

Then I made some stove top stuffing and threw it into the bowl.

Then I added some corn on top.

I mixed everything together and put it into bowls on top of some rice and mixed it together. Everyone loved it. It took no time at all to make and the boys and Dewayne went crazy for this recipe!!!

Try it with some left over Turkey dinner :o)

Ok well that is it for now, time to put Kobe to bed and go play cards with the rest of the clan. Have a great night.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Geez, your poor husband!! I hope he is feeling better, that did not look good. Have a great Thanksgiving and enjoy your time with your aunt! :)

Stacey said...

Enjoy your Thanksgiving at home! Poor guy...I hope his ankle feels better.
By the way..those really are some chicken legs! ;)