Friday, November 13, 2009

Five Question Friday 11/13

My Little Life


It's time for Five Question Friday which is a blog carnival created by Mama M at My Little Life. After reading the answers to my 5 Questions click on the button above or on Mama M's link to read her and everyone else's answers. Enjoy!!!

1. What is your favorite "eat" on Thanksgiving?

My Mamma's Sweet Potato casserole. Oh it is so good and now that I know how to make it, it's on!!! Everyone asks me to bring it to any kind of get together :o)

2.
What is the name your best girl friend and the best trait about her or how you met (or heck, both!!)

My best Girl friend is Sigrún. She is the sweetest person, the kind of person that would do anything for everyone including give you the clothes off of her back. She is always there for me if I need her and she is the kind of person who does not beat around the bush...she tells me like it is and I love that about her!!! She is a huge part of my life and I can't imagine not having her. I love you too pieces and thank you for always being there for me!!!

3. What would you say is one of your "weirdest" quirks?

I hate when people wear shoes in my house!!! It drives me crazy!! In Iceland we take our shoes off as soon as we enter someones house, it is really rude to wear your shoes into someone's house and you will probably get told about yourself if you dare walk into a house with shoes on. Well I live in the great US of A and here it is not the norm. Well I MAKE everyone take their shoes off when they come into my house and I yell at everyone who doesn't (well maybe not yell but I tell them about themselves!!).

So yeah that is my weird quirk!!!

4. What is your favorite genre of music? (Hip hop? Classical? Rock? etc.)

My favorite kind of music hands down is R&B!!! I love Hip Hop too but R&B is my favorite.

5. Are you a Night Owl...or an Early Bird?

I am a night owl but I want to be an early bird. Does that make sense??? I have always been a night owl and I LOVE to sleep in the mornings but I am really trying to turn that around and be in bed early and get up early. I feel like I get so much more accomplished when I am up at the butt crack of dawn rather than at noon (not that that happens often...just on weekends :o).




MckLinky Blog Hop

8 comments:

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

Visiting from Mama M's blog hop!

I know exactly what you mean about wanting to be an early bird. For years, I've held illusions about how great it must be to get up before every one else, enjoy a cup of coffee and the morning paper (or a book, or a magazine, or just the quiet!). But I just can't drag myself out of bed early enough!

~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

A Stable Beginning said...

Hi Helga!
Thanks for visiting my site. We live in Suffolk so we didnt see any flooding in our area. Hope you guys are drying out and didnt get too much damage.

I make everyone take off their shoes in my house too. Who knows where there shoes have been!

Kelly said...

It isn't rude to tell people to take their shoes off, it is rude for them not to! It is a rule that I try, not hard enough, to enforce around here. Maybe I need to take your approach :) Thanks for stopping by!

Kimberley said...

It is rude to wear your shoes in other people's houses here too! (Canada). Everyone takes their shoes off although I tell them not to worry about it since my house is never clean anyway!

Laura said...

We were just talking about wearing shoes in the house the other day! I think it is very rude too, we don't do that here in the midwest but I think it might not be that common in other parts of the country.

Blessedw5mom said...

Nice to meet you! Happy 5QF!

j said...

i am so with you. i wish people would take off their shoes whenever they enter houses. i have tried to start that movement byt my honey thinks i am crazy.

Mama M. said...

Hey Helga!! Finally, getting to the 5QF'ers!! I love how you say "tell them about themselves"! That is great!