Sunday, December 6, 2009

Bittersweet

Today was the day I went into the storage with Dewayne and pulled out the Christmas decorations.

What a mess!

Kobe played with drumsticks as I began opening boxes.

What a pain in the butt it is to clean the house only for it to look a horrible mess before long. I have been taking pictures all day and the mess behind us in the pictures is quite embarrassing!! So this is what my Christmas tree looked like this year. I didn't go all out because we are moving soon.

The reason for the title of my post is because it is so Bittersweet putting up the decorations. I love living in this house and I hate the thought of us not having more than two months left. I hate knowing that while I get to pull out my Christmas decorations...which I love by the way, I hate knowing that I am packing my stuff up and it will never go back where it belongs.

I have decided that as I go I am going to take pictures throughout my house so that I remember every little thing about this house. I am going to share those pictures with all of you because I know that I am super nosey and I would love to be able to see pictures of everyones homes :o)

I am going to start with my half bath downstairs. Mainly because I want you to be able to see my cute Christmas decorations in this bathroom.

So without further adieu...

This is what the bathroom looks like when you walk into it.
My decoration that sits on the shelf above the toilet. There are rocks in the little candle holder thing that the boys picked in Iceland for me. I love those rocks and always have them somewhere on display.
Here is the bathroom after I decorated it. Don't you just love the Snowman toilet cover? I bought it at LTD commodities about two years ago and it is one of my favorite Christmas decorations.

I absolutely love Snowmen as you can probably tell by now. These Snowmen I got from my Aunt Sharla over the years.
Here is a picture of the view when you enter the bathroom.

I hope you enjoyed a little peek into my home. There will be more :o)

Have a great Saturday!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I love to see everyone's decorations! Can't wait to see more. I am slowly collecting snowmen too.

Laura said...

The toilet snowman set is too cute!

Erin said...

What fun decorations! Moving is the one part about the military that I have a love/hate relationship with. We finally found a place we love and because of Colby's stroke we'll get to stay but it was hard all the moving before now. I hope this move isn't to bad for you!