Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Truthful Tuesdays and Toot Your Horn Tuesday


It's time for Truthful Tuesdays, a blog carnival created by Elizabeth over at Confessions from a working Mom. Click on the button above to play along and read everyone else's answers.

This weeks question is....
How has motherhood taught you to let go?

Before I had children I had a tiny little perfect body. Now after all my sons I have a stretched out, drooping, not so tiny and perfect body. It took me a long time to accept the stretch marks that are covering about 80% of my body. I have worse stretch marks than anyone I have ever seen and after my first two sons were born the stretch marks bothered me so much. I used to hide them and never want to wear shorts or clothes where you could see my stretch marks.

One day I realized that God made me this way and I need to be happy with who I am and make the best of it. Now, the stretch marks are still there and they are still just as bad as they were before but, they don't bother me anymore. I wear shorts, low cut shirts, skirts and anything else that I want to wear and I don't think twice about the stretch marks.


MckLinky Blog Hop



Toot Your Horn Tuesday is a blog carnival created by Leah at A Silly Little Sparrow. If you want to Toot your horn along with the rest of us just click the button above.

I want to Toot about the great Christmas deals I found this morning at Kmart. I bought Christmas cards for $.35-55 a pack. I got ribbons and bows for around $.40 per pack. I got gift boxes for less than $.50 for 15 of them. I also got some presents for next Christmas for super cheap. I bought some coffee mug gift packs. I am so excited about these deals that I got :o)


5 comments:

Pennie said...

Ooo - we don't have a K-mart around here, but they do in Eau Claire, where my Mom lives - about an hour away - I should stop in when I'm there next! Love a bargain!

Stop by my blog for a birthday award, Helga!

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

I don't have a ton of stretch marks, but the ones I do have I wear like a badge of honor. They remind me of the LIFE my body has carried!

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

Laura said...

I hear ya on the stretch marks, I have bad ones on my stomach too! I tease about getting a tummy tuck but really I don't mind them *too* much...look what I got out of it! :)

Anonymous said...

I left something for you over at my blog :) Happy Wednesday

http://afhousewife.blogspot.com

Leah said...

My body didn't bounce back either after 4 kids. My last one really did me in. I try to remind myself that it was worth it. Sometimes I listen. :) I think you're beautiful by the way!