Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Never really wordless

Time for another Picture Post Wednesday! Some may call it Wordless Wednesday but I can't not write something along with the pictures so I am going to call it Picture Post Wednesday :o)

The first picture is of Kobe taken this afternoon. I was sewing curtains for the basement and Kobe was playing around trying to get lots of attention. When he didn't get the attention he wanted he knocked one of my kitchen chairs over and climbed into it. He was not expecting to get stuck in it!! He was also not expecting us to laugh at him and take pictures :o)

The other night after giving Kobe a bath, I brought him into the living room to dry him off and dress him. Maya came right over and started drying him off for me.
She licked and licked (I couldn't get a picture of her tongue out).
And licked....
And licked....
Until Kobe was nice and dry. Kobe was getting a little bit frustrated that I kept taking pictures of him. He did like getting licked dry by Maya though :o)


As far as the weaning Kobe of the pacifier....we are now on day 2 and he has not had his Dudda in about 36 hours. He slept the whole night through and hasn't asked for it at all today. He didn't take a nap today though because he didn't wake up until late so I don't know what tonight will be like with no Dudda. He is going to be so tired and irritated. I am going to feed him dinner soon, give him a bath and then read to him before bed. Hopefully he will do great tonight. Then when he has stopped needing the Dudda, I am going to start the potty training OMG!!!

6 comments:

Janet said...

The pictures of Kobe and Maya are so sweet!

Pennie said...

Your Kobe is the CUTEST! He sounds like he's doing really well getting rid of his Dudda. It hasn't been that long! Now, potty training - ugh! But, once that's over...those are the two "biggies!" Then, you can really celebrate!

Jamie H said...

Why must they lick you right after you get out of the shower!!??

Erin said...

So cute! Good luck on bedtime tonight!

TheFitHousewife said...

Oh my goodness he is such a cutie!

Did you do the soother thing cold turkey? I'm dreading it! My son is so attached to his.

Karen said...

Taking some big steps! Takes lots of work and patience to be a mom huh?
Sounds like you're doing great.
kare