Wednesday, March 31, 2010

For Sale

When planning my trip to Iceland I had decided that I was going to send a pallet full of boxes. At first I wanted to send all of our stuff but then I found out that that would cost me about $5000!!! I quickly decided that wasn't happening! The pallet, I thought would cost me about $500-600...that was do-able.

This morning I called to set up the pallet and the guy told me it would cost me $1200 to send the pallet from Virginia Beach. I have to get the boxes to VA Beach and they will send the pallet from there. There is no way I can afford to send my stuff to Iceland if it is going to cost me a that much money. Besides that, I can't go to VA Beach with the boxes before leaving for Iceland.

Now I am thinking about just selling my stuff. I don't know exactly how I am going to go about this but I figure it can be done. Dewayne is going to keep the couch, the bedroom set and kitchen table and chairs. I am going to sell the boys' beds and dressers. I also have a bunch of nice kitchen stuff that I am going to sell....kitchen aid, food processor, etc.

I have some other things that I would like to sell too but I am not sure exactly how to go about selling all these things. What do you think is the best way to go to sell these things??? Craigslist?? Garage sale??

I just want to get the most out of these things and not get ripped off!!!


If you have any ideas please let me know :o)

6 comments:

Jamie H said...

I'm a HUGE fan of Craigslist! I think you'd get more money for your stuff if you did it that way. We buy/sell stuff on Craigslist all the time!

Dagbok Huldar said...

Sell the big stuff on Craigslist and the small stuff at a garage sale. Also check out the knitting group you went to, perhaps they know somebody who needs stuff.

TheFitHousewife said...

I think Craigslist would probably be the best way....however, a garage sale would be the quickest way!

Laura said...

Go for Craiglist, it will probably be the fastest way. You could try ebay too, never done it personally but you could try.. Good luck girl!

Pennie said...

Craigslist. Definitely - it will go FAST!!!! Best of luck, Helga!

Erin said...

Craigslist for sure. Just watch out for the fake scams. Like I'll send you $5000 for the thing your asking $50 for. Don't worry you can send it back to me garbage. Ebay is safer than Craigslist but longer and you have to do individual auctions. Garage sale would be the fastest but most definitely the least amount from each item. Good luck.