Thursday, September 24, 2009

Kobe's ears and my knee

Let me start off by telling you about how Kobe had tubes put in his ears in November last year. He had ear infections at least once a month for 8-10 months straight and finally the ENT agreed that he needed tubes in his poor little ears.

Fast forward 9 months and Kobe has had no ear infections until we come home from our trip to Iceland and now this poor child has a raging ear infection in both ears. His tubes were still in place and they are green in color :o) He is given antibiotics and Tylenol with codeine for the pain (that is a new one). So he takes the meds and starts to feel all better.

Now one month later he wakes up in the middle of the night and he can not move his head. I checked him all out and see that he has a lump on the side of his neck and every time he tries to move his head to the side he screams in pain. So I rush him to the ER at 1am worried about my poor little man.

We were there for 3 hours and first the nurse told me that he must have slept too long in the same position and he has a muscle spasm in his neck. Uh ok whatever you say....where is the Dr?? Ok so in walks the Dr and she checks his ears and low and behold his ears looked horrible. And the worst part.....his tubes have fallen out!!! She said the lump on the side of his neck is a swollen lymph node and it is because he has an infection. She said it should take a couple of days to disappear and he should be all better.

Fast forward to today and my poor son has his head cocked to the side and will not move his head to the right. I am going to the Drs today for myself and I am gonna ask him about Kobe while I am there. Poor baby looks so pitiful with his little head cocked to the left side. I need to take a pic and post it on here so you can see him.

So I am going to the Drs today to get my knee checked out because silly me hurt it a few weeks back walking down the stairs with laundry. I dropped something on the stairs and squatted down to pick it up and I must have turned wrong because all of a sudden my knee popped and got stuck in a weird position. I had to pop it back into place and let me tell you it hurt so flipping bad I got tears in my eyes and it took my all not to scream.

I went to the Drs the next day and they gave me a brace and crutches after doing an x-ray. The Dr was not able to see anything on the x-ray and told me he wanted me to come back in a week to see how the knee is feeling. Well now it has been a few weeks and it is not better. It is not as bad as it was when it happened but it is definitely not back to normal. It hurts so bad at night sometimes that it keeps me up.

Guess today I will find out what is wrong with it. Wish me luck :o)

No comments: