Monday, August 30, 2010

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

Miss me??  I have been missing you guys all like crazy!!!  I have been so busy the last week that I haven't had a chance to blog.  I have a few minutes now so I am going to try to get as much said as possible.  It has been well over an hour since I wrote those first two sentences...let's try this again.  So in the last week I have been working my butt off both at work and at home.  As of last night the tiling in my bathroom is done except the floors (I am having the walls tiled as well as the floors) and I have the ceilings painted in Tyrique's room, living room and my bedroom.  I noticed last night though that I am going to need to paint one more coat on the ceiling in my room.  I have Tyrique's room and the living room painted and just need to do some touch ups in the corners and up top.  If everything goes according to plan we will be finished with the bathroom by the end of the week and we will be putting down hardwood floors this weekend!!!  I am so excited, that means I can move home in the next two weeks!!!  I love my sister and brother in law but I miss having my own space and the boys miss it too.  

Next up.  Tomorrow is my last day of working here.  I was only hired for the summer and the summer is over....can you believe it??  It went by so fast!!!  Well I was going to go to school but I need to put it off for a little bit (that is something I will explain another day) so I need a job for the winter.  Well, I e-mailed a guy on Wednesday night about a job opening and Friday he called me in for a job interview.  An hour after leaving his office he called me and offered me the job.  I will have the same hours as I have now but I start half an hour later and get off half an hour later so I will be working 6 am to 6 pm.  I get to keep the same shift as I have now and the pay stays pretty much the same.  I am so relieved to have found something.  My Mamma and brother in law are going to take turns having Kobe for me when I work so I don't have to worry about daycare right now.  Thank goodness for family!!!

Now, I think that is about it for now.  I am going to try to read some of your blogs today.  I hope you are all doing great!!!  Miss you and can't wait to catch up on all of your blogs!  Have a great Monday!!

2 comments:

Pennie said...

I am so glad that you found another job right away. (I'll bet you are, too!) I'll bet that's a relief! So, what will you be doing? When I was in the working world, I used to love to do secretarial stuff - being at the front desk and talking to people. You're so lucky not to have to worry about daycare!

I'll bet you're anxious to get back into your place! Home, sweet home!

You're working so hard, Helga - both at work and home - to make things good for you and your boys. What a good Mama you are. Hang in there, girlfriend!

And, I think the dream you had about me is funny, because one time I bleached my hair so blonde it was WHITE (back in my mid-20's), so I went to a hair stylist who tried to dye it back to my original color. She got it wrong and it turned out chestnut brown. Mike couldn't get used to it. It felt "naughty". He kept staring at me. He said when we were together it felt like he was running around with another woman - yet it was allowable. It was so hard for him to get used to! So, when I read your dream, I had to laugh!

Stacey said...

Congrats on the new job!