Sunday, May 30, 2010

Getting to Know YOU 5/30/10

I hope you are all having a wonderful Memorial Weekend and spending it with the ones you love.   We don't celebrate Memorial Day in Iceland so it is just a regular weekend here.  I have been helping my sister pack up her house preparing for her move this week.  I am so excited to get her closer to me.  Right now she lives about a 10 minute drive away but in the next few days she will be living less than 5 minutes away from me.  Now our children can walk to each others houses and it will only take them a matter of minutes and there are no big roads to cross. 

 I live in a cute little town that's right by the ocean, when I bought my place here 6 years ago there were horses here and there wasn't a store in sight.  Now they have built a whole lotta houses and apartment buildings.  There is a little convenience store right up the street from me and there is a school (one of the best I might add) that has been built.   It is still a very cozy, cute little town and I love living here.  The kids can play outside and they are safe.  Of course there is a little bit of traffic here just like everywhere else but it is not bad because there are no major streets here, only little side streets.

Sorry, I don't know what brought that on :o)

Now as you know there is this great blog hop on Sundays that Ms. Keely created.  I love playing along because Keely pretty much does all the work, all I have to do is answer a few questions (which I love to do).   This great blog hop is called Getting to know YOU!!!  If you want to play along just click right here and you will be redirected to Keely's blog.  Have fun :o)

1.  Have you ever snooped around someone else's house?

Yeah, I'm sure I did when I was younger!

2. Can guys and girls be friends? ( thanks Jen!)

Yes and no!  I have had a lot of guy friends through the years and it usually ends up with one of the people having feelings for the other person.  I do have a few guy friends that I have had for years that I have never dated or anything but those relationships are rare and hard to find.  


3. Can you curl your tongue?
Yup, I sure can :o)

4. Have you ever stolen anything?

When I was 6 years old I went with a friend of mine on a shopping spree.  I came home to my Mamma and told her all about it.  My Mamma took me back to the store and made me return everything that I had stolen!  That was scary enough to where I never stole again!!


5. Would you rather talk on the phone or text?

Talk!!!  I LOVE to talk and would rather talk any day rather than text.  I am not fast enough when I text and it irritates me to be soooo slow!!  Also I am really bad about walking away from the phone and forgetting that I am texting and come back to it hours later and then I feel bad....I would never leave the phone if I have a person on the other end talking to me :o)


6. Memorial Day plans?

As I said above, we don't celebrate Memorial Day in Iceland so I have no plans!


7. What do you do to relax?

I read or sit at my beloved computer!!


8. Do you do anything to honor those that have died fighting for our freedom?

I have a wonderful friend named Travis that died in April 3, 2008.  Travis and I went to High school together and lost touch after that.  I had been finding all of my friend through Myspace and facebook and then I was told that Travis was killed in Iraq.  I was so heartbroken, he was a great guy then and I know he was a great guy until the end.  He left behind a wife and a son.  His brother and sister in law still keep in touch with me.  

I have a link to Travis's Legacy page that I write on and then I also put up links on my facebook page for others to remember him by.  I am so proud of Travis as well as all the other men and women that have died defending our freedom.  I have been a military brat (my step dad was in the Air Force), a Navy wife, my brother in law was a Marine and I have a TON of friends that are still in the service.  I know what these men and women go through to fight for us and I also know what the families go through having to send their loved ones to war.  These Hero's deserve a lot more than just one day to be honored!!

Happy Memorial Day everyone!  Take a minute to visit my friend Travis's Legacy page and leave his family a comment thanking them for everything that Travis has done for us.  You can also search the site and read about all the other men and women who have died defending your freedom!

Have a safe weekend!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Wow. Iceland? That is so interesting.

Your boys are very handsome. It is nice to meet you.

Pennie said...

My dad was a marine. He just his grave marker put in - it is a special brass one provided by the Veteran's. I'm going to take a trip to Eau Claire tomorrow to see it/him.

A said...

You live in Iceland?? Wow!
I'll be back to read more for sure :-D

Kate Pantier @ Mommy Monologues said...

Your kiddos are precious! And I'm going to go check out your friend's site--thank you for sharing that!

I'm stopping by from GTKY! I'm a new follower!