Thursday, July 9, 2009

Toot your horn Tuesday on a Wednesday



This week I am tooting my horn on Wednesday because I was not here on Tuesday to do it.  After you have read my Toot your horn Tuesday (Wednesday) go over to visit Silly Little Sparrow to read her and everyone elses toots :o)

Now this week I definitely have something to Toot about....On Monday night at 8 pm I packed up Tyrique, Markus and Kobe in our truck along with 5 suitcases, 2 bikes, pillows, snacks and drinks and drove to Boston, MA.  My wonderful neighbor and friend Geneva offered to come along for the ride so I would not have to do it alone and I happily accepted her offer :o)  

We left Virginia Beach at 8 pm and got some gas in the truck and started by driving over the Chesapeake Bay bridge.  Geneva had never went over that bridge before so she was excited about that.  The boys and I have travel that way many times before so we were Chesapeake Bay bridge experts...lol.  We drove through Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut and finally into Massachusetts.  

We hit some major traffic in NYC at 4 am???  That surprised us all, we thought for sure that we would be able to pass NYC with no troubles at all but we were wrong :o)  We paid six million tolls on the drive and we arrived at Boston Logan International Airport at 9 am (we passed it by at 8 am but decided to go to McDonalds and grab some breakfast).  We were so lucky because there was an older Icelandic couple on their way back home from visiting their daughter that offered to take the boys with them so they would not have to go through the trip alone.  We were so lucky to meet them, they were so good to the boys. 

The boys went through security at about 11:15 am and Geneva and I left to start our drive back home.  We drove for 2 hours and then I thought my body was going to crumble on me so we took a brake at a rest stop 90 miles out of NYC.  I laid down in the back of the truck with Kobe thinking that he would fall asleep with me since he had not slept too much the night before.  Boy was I WRONG!!!  While I attempted to sleep on the floor in the back and Geneva attempted to sleep on the seat up front Kobe decided that he loved the freedom from the car seat.  He ate popcorn on the floor next to me and then got an apple and while eating the apple threw it at me and told me Touchdown Mamma!!!  

After about an hour or so I gave up on trying to sleep in the back and got back behind the wheel of the car.  I felt strangely rested and off we went to NYC.  When we reached NYC Geneva and I were both starving at that point and decided that we wanted some White Castles.  We drove straight into the Bronx for some White Castles and Tyrique will be disappointed to know that we saw the Subway stop that he kept asking about when we had been in Boston earlier that morning.  

After getting our food we got back on the road to go home.  We went through New Jersey no problem, then we got to Delaware.  We both agree that for such a small state they sure do have A LOT of TOLLS!!!  It felt like we were stopping every few minutes to pay a toll!!  

Kobe did wonderful the whole trip until we reached Virginia again.  3 hours from home Kobe decided that he had had enough of the car and wanted out.  He screamed and cried the whole way home until we got to the Chesapeake Bay bridge and then he fell right to sleep.

We finally arrived home at a little after 1 am this morning after I drove 29 hours!!!  I am tooting the hell out of my own Horn for all that driving.  And my sons and Geneva deserve a whole lot of tooting for dealing with that long drive with me.

I have to say one thing before I finish this post.  While I was gone my wonderful husband cleaned the whole house for me and it felt so good to come home to everything clean :o)  I love you honey just a little bit more for that :o)  The way to a woman's heart is to clean her house :o)

Ok now that you have read this huge and long post go over to Silly Little Sparrow by clicking on the button above and read her Toots.


4 comments:

Leah said...

Wow, what a trip! You're brave for going all that way w/ kids! I'm happy you made it home safely!

Anonymous said...

good day everyone. I'm really into shoes and I have been digging allowing for regarding that particular brand. The prices due to the fact that the velcros are all over 190 bucks on every page. But finally I bring about this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I really like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good day bros. I'm honestly into shoes and I was digging for the sake of that meticulous make. The prices for the boots were around 170 dollars everwhere. But for all I bring about this location selling them for half price. I absolutely love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order those. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

hi people. I'm actually into shoes and I was digging for that exact make. The prices seeking the boots are approximately 170 dollars on every site. But finally I base this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy them. what do you think?