Thursday, October 21, 2010

Just Thursday and a little update

I was off on Monday and Tuesday and Monday Kobe and I spent lounging around in our PJ's enjoying not having to do anything (I really could have been cleaning and organizing but....I didn't feel like it).  On Tuesday I met my Step Dad in Reykjavik (the capital of Iceland) and he took Kobe for me.  My Mamma and Step Dad take him when I work on Wednesdays and Thursdays.  Kobe was not a happy camper when he realized he was not coming home with me.  He screamed bloody murder the whole time.  He is okay though cause once he gets to his grandparents house he is really happy.  He loves being with them (I think it's because he gets spoiled rotten) and he gets to spend time with my little sisters who all adore him too.  My poor little munchkin is just a Mamma's boy who has a hard time separating from me.

Tyrique and Markus are doing well.  Markus is playing Basketball and he LOVES it.  He has practice 3 times a week and so far has had one tournament.  He is trying to get adjusted to living in Iceland, he is speaking the language very well but is having a hard time learning to read and write in Icelandic.  Markus asks me on a regular basis if we can move back home (home being stateside).  He had a hard time making friends but in the last two weeks he has started going out to play with kids much more.

Tyrique is also involved in sports.  He is in Parkour (it is where they run up walls and do flips...some sort of gymnastics).  He goes to practice twice a week and can't get enough.  Tyrique is going to light therapy three times a week for his eczema and he has Pityriasis Alba, so far we are seeing some improvements.  He goes into the booth for about 30 seconds at a time (once per visit) and he has been going for about a month now.  His skin has not cleared up completely but his itching has improved and so have the sores (he scratches till he bleeds).  Tyrique loves living in Iceland and he is doing great speaking, reading and writing the language.  He has an advantage though cause he learned to read and write in Icelandic first and then English.


Okay, now that you have had an update on the kids it's time for Just Thursday.  Abby over at Murdock's Mama came up with this great blog hop.  Click here to join along.




Outside my window..it's dark out still and it is really cold.  It is 2 Celsius or about 35 Fahrenheit....brrrr it's freezing cold here and I am working inside and outside!

The time is..7:28 AM

Today I feel..tired.  I went to sleep about 7:30 PM last night and slept until about 4:30 AM so you would think I would be well rested but I would love to get back in the bed and sleep a few more hours :) 

I am thinking.. that I hope today goes by fast!

At the moment, I am thankful.. for the overtime I am getting this weekend!!  

I am going..to be working till 5:30 PM and then I am off to see the Wizard getting Tyrique and Markus and heading to Mamma's house!

I am wearing..my work clothes!

I wish..I could have things my way LOL!!!

I am reading..Blogs....that is all I have time for!  I am just glad to have some time to do that :o)
  
I am working on..being better at blogging!

I am hoping..that the cleaning fairy will come by my house today while I am working!

I am hearing..Airplanes getting ready to take off.

I bet you didn't know..that when I see the planes taking off I wish I was in those planes and I dream about where that plane is going :o)

One of my favorite..eyeshadow colors right now is lime green!!!


I took a picture to show you. 



 Please ignore that I need to pluck my eyebrows :)

Weekend Plans.. 
[Thursday] get Ty and Markus and go to Mamma's house when I get off work.
[Friday] Enjoy spending some time at Mamma's house then head home in the afternoon.  Christmas crafting with my friends!
[Saturday] work and spend time with my boys that night.
[Sunday] work and spend time with my boys that night. 


I can't figure out what is wrong with the font so please just ignore the different boldness of the font :(

7 comments:

Pennie said...

Love that eye shadow! You have such pretty eyes!

I love that you updated us on the boys. I've wondered how they've been faring. All those changes must be a little stressful at times. You're a strong Mamma! I'm glad you have your extended family there to help you through it all.

Sounds like you're working quite a bit. I hope you have a fun time at your Mamma's house this weekend! Mike's hunting in Colorado for a while, so I'm taking the kids to MY Mamma's tomorrow for an overnighter myself! :) There's nothing like visiting Mom!

Unknown said...

Hi, I have a friend in Reykjavik :)

I hope the boys has no problem and soon can get along there.

Guð blessi þig

Amiko

Stacey said...

Nothing wrong with laying around in your jammies with your babies!

I always thought it was weird that some people could speak another language but not read or write it, or read and write it but not speak it. Now that I'm learning spanish, I totally understand. I can barely read it and that's it!

Have a great day!

Rochelle@AFamilyofLooneys said...

Wish the cleaning fairy would come to my house too. I really like the lime green eyeshadow :-)

Laura said...

Hey, if that cleaning fairy shows up let her know I need her over here too! :) My son is the same way, such a Mama's boy and doesn't want to leave me but once he's at Gramma's being spoiled he is all happy again. :) Have a great weekend!!

Knowly said...

I'm amazed at how your children are adapting to living in another country. What an awesome opportunity... You are a great mom. Keep up the good work.

Murdock's mama said...

I wish I could always have things my way too! :) I love to look at planes and wonder where they're going too. I also am always curious to know why people are traveling. Just fasinating to me! :) Thanks for linking up. I hope your weekend was just as wonderful as it sounds!