Sunday, January 4, 2015

Kitchen Aid Red

I have been watching a series on Netflix over Christmas break called Hart of Dixie and I am loving it!  I decided to use the day to watch my show on my laptop while cleaning the kitchen cabinets.  I wanted to bring in the new year in a clean way and started with the kitchen.



Here is my laptop on a chair with my Molly girl in the background.  Isn't she the cutest thing ever?  She keeps wanting to go outside to pee but all she really does is go outside and then asks to come back in within a few minutes thinking she is going to get a treat.....I got so tired of letting her out on Thursday that I stopped giving her treats after she got her 5th errrrr 10th treat of the day.

Okay, so back to my kitchen cabinets....
My cabinets were a hot mess and needed to be cleaned and organized.


As you can see by the pictures above, hot mess!!!  And then, in the picture below, cleaned and organized....the best way to be (I am OCD when it comes to my silverware drawer, it needs to be perfect at all times with the correct size spoons, forks, etc in the correct slot). 


I started with my refrigerator and forgot to take a before picture, let me just say that this refrigerator was horrible before I cleaned it.  Everything was all over the place and there was a ton of stuff that needed to be thrown out after having a bunch of guests over in December.  Now, my fridge is nice and clean and, you guessed it, organized.




Here is the cabinet from up top. As you can see, all cleaned up.
My messy cabinets before.

My messy cabinets after.


There is a neighborhood squirrel who comes up on to my patio and knocks on the glass.



He has been knocking on my window for awhile and it wasn't until recently that I found out the next door neighbor has been feeding him peanuts.  Makes sense, he is coming to my house to beg for some yummy food.  So, knowing this, I decided to give him some almonds and now he is a regular and even though he doesn't allow me to come too close, he isn't very scared either.


I was crouched on the floor taking these pictures and he wasn't scared at all.  The only thing between us was the glass and he didn't freak out.

Isn't he adorable?  We really like him and don't mind him knocking on the patio glass.


One last picture of a clean and organized kitchen cabinet before I go.  


Do you do something to bring in the New Year?  I know some people who believe that you shouldn't have any dirty laundry when bringing in the New Year.  I like to make sure my sheets are clean, but then again, I like clean sheets all the time.

Just in case you were wondering why I named the post Kitchen Aid Red.....my whole kitchen has the Kitchen Aid Red color throughout.  I really love it and can't get enough of it!  The kitchen is the only place in the house that has that color whereas the rest of the house is all light colors with some turquoise, pink, olive green, and browns.

Hope you are all having a great weekend!

2 comments:

Handmade and off-centered said...

Great job! I wish I was half as productive as you were hahaha. Maybe I will take some of this inspiration and get the laundry at least done ;)

Hugs,
Birgitta

Edda Soffía said...

Ohh þú ert svo dugleg, ég vildi að ég hefði þetta í mér. 👍
Love mamma